The porch has a floor!
We went with standard wood decking. Of all the options it was the most economical.
We discussed which direction to run the boards. Seems most decks run parallel to the house. By running them the way we did, we could simply buy the correct number of both ten and eight foot lengths. No extra cutting so it was a pretty quick job.
I especially like the way Dan finished the sides.
Common practice is to run a board across the front edge as a face board and that's it. Because of the unevenness of the brick foundation Dan wanted to make sure any mouse sized gaps were covered, hence the more unique look.
The next step will be to stain and seal it, but that will have to wait until the weather warms up, because winter finally caught up with us. Also Dan is anxious to get posts up to support the porch roof. Then we can install the new front door, which has been keeping in a spare room for the past several years. We are both looking forward to that because the old door is terribly drafty. That will require a little warmer weather too, so in the meantime we've been chopping wood, raking leaves, and working on phase two of the goat shed, Always something to do.
Next up, porch roof support posts.