- Scraps of chevon from making bone broth, about 2 cups
- Leftover vegetables, I had about a cup of canned green beans
- 1 pint condensed tomato soup, (yummy home canned)
- A couple cups leftover mashed potatoes (or can make fresh)
- Butter, melted (of course I used Ziggy butter)
Mix meat, veggies, and undiluted tomato soup, season as desired, and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350° F, uncovered, until casserole is bubbling and potatoes are golden brown.
You could substitute any meat for the chevon, any veggies, or gravy for the soup. My mother always made Shepherd's pie with tomato soup, so that's what I think of. This is a very easy, tasty, one dish meal. Enjoy!
Goatherd's Pie © November 2012