Now that most of the garden chores are pretty much done and the pantry is organized, I feel like I have a little more time for other projects, specifically, the bathroom. Dan's going to work on the plumbing (post on that soon), so I volunteered to do the ceiling and walls.
This was the photo I showed you on my last bathroom update post. The first step, was to replace the old drywall tape.
Pulling off the old was the easy part. Putting up the new, less so. Not that it's a hard job, but having never been a mud pie girl, it was both messy and awkward.
Still, I managed.
Here it is, after the new tape was applied and the joint compound had dried. I wish I had gotten a photo of that corner after I pulled the old tape off. It had a huge gap, more than 1/4 inch, but I filled it before I remembered the camera.
The next step will be sanding, and then painting the ceiling. Once Dan finishes plumbing the bathroom sink, I can get started on that, and then the wallpaper. We're still busy with outside chores and projects, so working on the bathroom is somewhat random. After no progress for most of the summer though, it's nice to be doing something with this room once again.
Bathroom Renovation: Planning Ahead
Bathroom Renovation: Neglected But Not Forgotten
Progress On The Bathroom Ceiling © November 2010 by Leigh at http://my5acredream.blogspot.com/