So how did we do on this year's goals? We had them divided into several categories: house, barn, fences, field crops, pigs, chickens, and honeybees.
- Things I can cross off the list as accomplished are:
- our first hive of bees
- our first "doubled fence for protected diversity," i.e. forest garden hedgerow
- a Kinder-only herd of goats.
- expanding our chicken aided composting system.
- Things on which we've made some progress are:
- the front porch
- figuring out how to use the pigs with the chickens for soil preparation.
- Things on which we've made no progress:
- fencing the woods, although this was technically only in the "think about" category. But we did think about it and hope to make a little progress come January or February.
- doing something about that old oak tree so we can get a start on the goat barn
I guess the thing about the last one is that even though we didn't get the tree trimmed, we decided on a better location for the barn so we can proceed anyway!
How about you? Do you make yearly goals? If so, have you been able to cross many of them off? Or maybe something unexpected came along that changed everything! Tell us about it!